Before Booking Santa You Should Know
Deposits: A 50% deposit is required before a booking is considered ‘Final’ to solidify your visit, please make a deposit of at least 50% using PayPal or by postal mail to Santa Geoff.
Fees: We recommend Booking Early! Book Santa Geoff earlier in the season for discounted rates and availability. Fees will include a travel surcharge. Because of the demand for Santa Geoff’s services, especially during November and December, we have adopted policies to ensure fairness to all parties involved, including Santa.
Postponing Events: While we understand that circumstances may require that you reschedule an event, we must honor clients who have previously scheduled Santa’s time first. If you have to reschedule let us know as soon as possible. If we can re-book the time from your cancellation, we will re-apply your deposit to the new date.
Refunds: Deposits are not refunded unless we can recover the time with another client and only when there is sufficient notice.
After Booking Santa You Should Know
- Get everyone together before Santa enters. Timing is everything! You have scheduled Santa for a set amount of time, which begins the minute he arrives. Unless previously discussed, he will not stay longer than the time when he has been booked. Santa will call you when he is five minutes away from arriving. That’s your cue to get everyone together, maybe to sing some Christmas carols, and to have someone go outside to meet Santa.
- If you are in a gate-guarded community, don’t forget to call the gate ahead of time.
- Reserve a special parking place for Santa.
- Have a sturdy chair for Santa to sit in. Folding chairs and low chairs are not good. A good straight-back dining chair, with no arms, works well. He should be able to sit comfortably and the chair needs to support him plus a child on each knee. Place the chair near your Christmas tree or in a holiday setting, maybe in front of a fireplace with stockings hanging, or any festive type of backdrop.
- Have your cameras ready.
- Have your gifts ready. Santa normally does not bring any candy canes or gifts with him. He will hand out your candy and gifts and can carry in one bag of presents for children or guests. They should be well labeled.
- If there is a balance or payment due to Santa, place it inside a Christmas card or envelope. As Santa is departing, hand him the envelope and say, “Thank you Santa, and here is a Christmas card from all of us.”